MAINTENANCE OF QUALIFICATIONS
are available online via the following link:
Click here for the Recertification Portal
Current Inspectors, in order to avoid re-taking the
QEITF ASSESSMENT EXAM, you MUST successfully complete the MAINTENANCE OF QUALIFICATIONS Application and EXAM along with the additional required CEUs, prior to the expiration date of your current QEI CERTIFICATION credentials.
My question is not on this list, or I just need to talk to a person: Contact Vivienne Fritz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-701-2203
Please view our Detailed instructions for how to complete recertification on Prolydian.
Office staff will also be available to help with the transition.
I need to set up a recertification account.
Contact the office to send a link to set up the account. The link will come from email@example.com so be sure to check your spam folder.
My Name/ number/ expiration date is wrong.
Please contact the office.
How do I pay for the Maintenance of Qualifications Exam?
Your annual renewal fee will be collected when you complete the annual recertification application. You will be able to take the Exam without paying first.
How do I take the Maintenance of Qualifications Exam?
When you are ready to take the exam:
- On QEITF.org, click the “Online Maintenance of Qualifications Exam" button.
- Log into the recertification portal
- On the left side menu, find Exams>My exams and click on “CEI Maintenance of Qualifications.”
- Refer to pages 4-6 in the Detailed Instructions for instructions on how to navigate the exam.
- You will be notified of the results via email using the email address from your account.
How do I know if I passed my Maintenance of Qualifications exam?
Upon exam completion, you will be notified of the result by an email sent to your account's email address.
I passed my Maintenance of Qualifications exam. Now what?
If you have not already done so, complete the Inspectors Maintenance of Qualifications Renewal Application and pay the renewal fee. Refer to page 10-12 in the Detailed Instructions.
Can I see what questions I got wrong on the Maintenance of Qualifications exam?
Please contact the office and we can send you a summary of your exam results.
I did not pass my Maintenance of Qualifications exam and need to retake it.
Please contact the office so that we can reset your exam.
I took Continuing Education, but it is not showing up in my recertification account.
- If you recently took Continuing Education with QEITF, it is possible your updates are still in progress. If you have the attendance certificate you can upload it yourself for approval by the QEITF.
- If you took Continuing Education with QEITF more than 2 weeks ago, please contact the office.
- If you took Continuing Education with another provider, please follow the instructions on page 7-9 of the Detailed Instructions
How long is it going to take you to give me credit for my Continuing Education?
Please allow up to 2 workdays. Most will post in significantly less time.
I have all my requirements and I am ready to recertify, but I haven’t paid the fee. How do I pay?
- Go to QEITF.org and choose “Online Applications”.
- Click on the blue bar that says, “Maintenance of Qualifications Application and Exam”.
- Log into the recertification portal.
- On the left side of the screen, choose “Applications” > “My Applications” from the menu.
- Find “1. Inspectors Maintenance of Qualifications Renewal Application”. Click on the highlighted area.
- Fill out the application as in previous years. Be sure that all items marked with a red dot are completed.
- On the final screen, after you have completed your payment, click on the purple “Submit” button.
How do I see if my recertification requirements have been approved and applied to my recertification?
- Log onto the recertification portal.
- On the menu, choose Dashboard.
- Under the CEI credential badge, "Current CEC count” will tell you how many credits you have. (1 credit is 10 CE hours). To see the details, click "View Details".
All my requirements are approved but it won’t let me submit the application.
- All required information is indicated by a red dot. Double check that you have supplied all the required information.
- Please make sure there is at least 0.8 CEUs of continuing education applied to your recertification.
- Please make sure that you have passed the Maintenance of Qualifications exam.
- Please make sure in section 2 that you have checked the boxes next to the Continuing Education that you want to apply to your recertification.
I filled out the application and paid, but it won’t let me submit the application.
Your CE requirement must be approved before you can submit the application. If you have filled out the application and entered a credit card payment, the information entered has been saved. After your CE requirements and Maintenance of Qualifications test have been approved, return to the portal and hit the “Submit” button.
I didn’t click the IUEC member button before I put my credit card information in, and I overpaid. How do I get my money back?
Please contact the office to process a refund.
I don't know my IUEC number.
It's on your union card.
How do I know if my certification has been renewed?
You will receive an email when your recertification application has been approved. Also, your certification expiration date will change on your CEI badge on the recertification portal Dashboard.