Elevator Inspector, Journey POSTED: 3/3/2021
SALARY: $43.13 – $50.17 Hourly
LOCATION: Seattle, WA
JOB TYPE: Classified Civil Service, Regular, Full-Time
DEPARTMENT: Seattle Department of Construction & Inspection
JOB NUMBER: 2021-00173
CLOSING: 3/16/2021 4:00 PM Pacific
Are you looking to join a team of talented, skilled, and dedicated professionals who are committed to providing excellent service? As stewards and regulators of land and buildings, the Department of Construction and Inspections is dedicated to preserving and enhancing the equity, livability, safety, and health in our communities. We are very pleased to announce an opportunity to join the SDCI team as an Elevator Inspector, Journey.
Each inspector independently conducts the required inspections on elevators, escalators, and conveyance equipment within an assigned geographic area. Inspections are performed on all new and altered conveyance installations and annual certification inspections of over 6600 existing conveyances are performed
You will feel prepared to take on this role if you can:
• Use your independent judgment and ability to interpret and apply the relevant code requirements to evaluate the safety
and compliance features of widely varied installations.
• Resolve problems and assist contractors with technical advice on equipment changes or alterations concerning code
compliance and take equipment out of service as determined to be appropriate.
• Communicate effectively with contractors, repair and maintenance personnel, owners, and the public to resolve
property violations and non-compliance, and provide advice and interpretation of regulations.
• Check and test elevator equipment upon completion of construction of major installations or alterations to determine
compliance with ASME and other applicable codes and regulations and may lead a team of inspectors in such inspections.
• Inspect existing installations to ensure proper operating condition and safety of equipment. Perform follow-up inspections
of installations placed out of service to determine compliance and suitability to be placed back into service.
• Maintain files on new installations, major modifications, and annual certifications. Write annual reports on code
violations and potentially unsafe conditions.
• Review new technology relating to elevators and similar equipment for compliance with codes. Review proposed new
codes for adoption. Observe and evaluate safety tests performed by elevator maintenance contractors for approval.
• Inform owners, operators, and contractors regarding applicable code provisions and violations. Post such notices as
“Unsafe” and “Stop Work” as necessary. Remove unsafe conveyances from service when required.
• Perform fire service tests, life safety tests, and emergency power tests for elevators and related equipment.
• Enter inspection information electronically.
• Understand and commit to actively supporting the City and Department goals in promoting racial equity and social justice.
Your effectiveness and ability to succeed in this position will be enhanced by your:
• Ability to work independently and under limited supervision.
• Ability to interpret and apply guidelines and specifications to resolve complex elevator issues and problems.
• Your excellent customer service and strong writing and communication skills. Your basic knowledge of computers and MS
Outlook and Word and your project management and leadership skills.
• Four years of experience as a Journey level elevator mechanic (two years equivalent to an elevator inspector entry level
and two additional years of progressively responsible and recent experience), or as an elevator inspector for a public
sector organization enforcing elevator safety codes in relation to a wide variety of equipment.
• Any other combination of equivalent education, training and experience providing the necessary knowledge, skills
and abilities will be considered.
• Attend certification for QEI within 12 months of hire date.
• Be able to learn and perform SDCI plan review and permitting process and assist when needed.
• Occasional overtime may be required.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
• Must exercise caution in working at heights in elevator shafts or open hoist ways, inspecting silent moving equipment,
climbing ladders to gain access to roof-top machine rooms, and crawling into hoist way pit areas.
• Climb near and work around very high (480) voltage, wiring and equipment.
• Sometimes exposed to hazardous/toxic chemicals and materials.
Job offers are contingent on the verification of credentials and other information required by the employment process including a pre-employment physical, a driving abstract, and a background check of conviction and arrest records in compliance with Seattle’s Fair Chance Employment Ordinance, SMC 14.17. Applicants will be provided an opportunity to explain or correct background information.
Seattle Department of Construction and Inspections is a proud participant in the Race and Social Justice Initiative, a citywide effort to realize the vision of racial equity.
We require a strong commitment to customer service and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures. The City of Seattle values diverse perspectives and life experiences; people of color, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AGENCY: City of Seattle
ADDRESS: Seattle Municipal Tower 700 5th Avenue, Suite 5500, Seattle, Washington, 98104
To Apply Please Visit Our Website At:http://www.seattle.gov/jobs
Elevator Management Services – Elevator InspectorPOSTED: 1/19/2021
LOCATION: Pittsburg, PA
• Inspects elevator and escalator equipment to verify it is operating in accordance with all applicable jurisdiction code
requirements and manufacturer’s specifications.
• Examines equipment and site to identify possible defects and faults in equipment, maintenance, machine room, hoistway
• Witness of standard testing methods to ensure equipment operation meets established code requirements.
• Completes deficiency and test reports and submits to the state.
• Operates in accordance with established safety practices.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/ EXPERIENCE:
• Possession of current QEI (Qualified Elevator Inspector) certification.
• Two to Five years’ experience in the elevator industry with a working knowledge of elevator mechanics, maintenance,
repairs, and testing of elevator systems.
• Education in an engineering discipline which may account for field related experience.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications.
• Position provides a very flexible work environment.
• Inspectors work daily off-site at a commercial building setting such as: offices, hospitals, universities, apartments, and
• Position requires physical ability to climb ladders and ride on top of elevator unit to inspect.
•Limited in-office time.
• Inspection appointments are scheduled by office personnel.
• Customer deficiency reports and invoices are prepared by office personnel.
• Elevators Management Services provides favorable compensation plans for the industry.
ABOUT ELEVATOR MANAGEMEMT SERVICES
• Founded in 2007, Elevator Management Services (EMS) provides inspection and consulting for all forms of
vertical transportation. Based in Pittsburgh, EMS manages over 2,000 elevators across the country. For more information,
please visit us elevmgmt.com.
• Interested candidates please contact Rich Sieber at email@example.com or 412.926.3970.
Elevator Management Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
State of Iowa – Bureau ChiefPOSTED: 12/15/2020
SALARY: $60,320.00 – $107,432.00 Annually
LOCATION: Des Moines – 50309 – Polk County, IA
JOB TYPE: Full-time
AGENCY: Iowa Workforce Development
JOB NUMBER: 21-01454
CONTACT: Joseph Mullen – firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information Click here
NEIS/Bureau Veritas POSTED: 12/3/2020
QEI inspectors needed immediately.
Competitive salary offered with potential signing bonus.
If interested please contact:
James Meyer, Area Vice President, NEIS/Bureau Veritas
Phone: (916) 752-3929
Thompson Elevator Inspection Service, Inc. – IllinoisPOSTED: 4/14/2020
Thompson Elevator Inspection Service, Inc. is currently accepting applications for already, or soon to be, QEI and State of Illinois certified inspectors for performing code and permit inspections as well as required Category witnessing tests in the suburban Chicagoland area including Lake, McHenry, DuPage, Cook, Kane, Will counties, but not limited to.
We offer you flexible appointment scheduling set up by our office which allows you to inspect and not worry about “office work”. It provides you weekly income supplement to you and your family especially now in these interesting times.
As an inspection company leader in the Chicagoland area, we welcome you to join our team of highly recognized professional inspectors into our working family-team environment. Our company is 5th generation in an industry who prides itself, and strives, to continue to making the world a safer place for the public and your families.
Best way to reach out to us:
Fax:847-296-5424 Attn: Patty Young
Mail:Thompson Elevator Inspection Service, Inc.
830 E Rand Rd Unit 10
Mt Prospect, IL 60056
JOIN THE EIS Team – Chicago, ILPOSTED: 3/20/2020
Elevator Inspection Service Co., Inc. has immediate inspector opportunities in the Chicago Metropolitan area.
•outstanding opportunity for retired, experienced field mechanics
•flexible work schedule
•great potential for income
•valid QEI certification required (or qualified to sit for QEI exam)
•valid Illinois elevator inspector license required
At EIS, you’ll work with the best! We have a leadership team that truly cares about their people and their clients. Our dedicated team members strive for excellence and have a great company culture.
Interested? Contact John Annoreno at 630.323.6541 or email: email@example.com.
Elevator Inspection Service Co., Inc.
745 McClintock Dr, Suite 235
Burr Ridge, Illinois 60527
IEA Corp – Washington, DCPOSTED: 2/28/2020
IEA Corp, an EverWatch company is in search of three QEI Certified Elevator Inspectors to support the Department of State in Washington, DC (2 openings) and Oakland Park, FL (1 opening). The candidate may begin with a Secret clearance, an interim Secret clearance or a Top Secret clearance. Please note that the candidate must be willing to travel 40-50%.
A professional, experienced vertical transportation inspector to provide detailed code compliance safety inspections and oversight of required testing for vertical transportation equipment operating in the Department of State diplomatic facilities abroad. Work of this nature will require candidates to work with local elevator companies around the world and the ability to understand the elevator safety standards of the host nation. Performing quality inspections at some locations requires that the inspector is able to convey complicated requirements to those who are unfamiliar with US industry standard practices and therefore requires sound communication skills, command over the subject materials, patience and drive. The ability to manage and lead is essential.
•Work with local resources to successfully accomplish the complicated task of vertical transportation inspection and testing.
•Travel globally to conduct periodic elevator safety inspections and witness safety testing ensuring compliance with 15 FAM
660, OBO-Elevator Management (OBO-EM) directives and applicable safety codes.
•Witness required testing of various elevator safety components to ensure compliance with applicable safety codes,
manufacturer’s specifications and OBO-EM directives.
•Conduct final acceptance inspections on new elevator and modernized elevator systems for compliance with OBO contract
specifications, OBO-EM directives and applicable codes.
•Provide detailed inspection reports reflecting the inspection / testing results, identifying code deficiencies and
•Provide technical assistance to Facility Managers (FM) and / or Post POC regarding testing and inspection requirements.
•Explain elevator safety code compliance deficiencies to the FM and / or Post POC in order resolve identified issues.
•Perform detailed vertical transportation equipment condition assessment and provide a detailed report on findings.
•Working with facility staff and local service contractors, lead the inspection and testing process to achieve the desired results.
•Coordinate inspection scheduling with facility staff; submit the required travel documents; and make the necessary travel
•Confirm with facility staff that the local maintenance contractors understand the Scope of Work and are capable of performing
the required tasks.
•Assist in maintaining OBO- EM inspection statistics (spreadsheets, status reports) and GMMS database.
•Assign GMMS work orders as directed by OBO-EM.
•Assist in the peer review of plans, specifications, and technical reports prepared by others.
•Assist OBO-EM in providing applicable safety and technical training.
•Assist OBO-EM in presenting technical reports and propose solutions.
•Explain technical requirements to others.
•Assist in developing and implementing an OBO-EM elevator safety program presentation to Facility Managers, OBO staff and
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
The Elevator Inspector shall meet the below qualifications.
•Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
•Full time professional experience performing code compliance inspections of vertical transportation equipment and systems.
•Must be certified as a Qualified Elevator Inspector (ASME QEI-1) by an organization accredited by the American National
And must maintain QEI credentials through the contract period.
•A proven track record of escalating responsibility and participation in vertical transportation inspection and testing in a major
•Initiative and sound judgement;
•Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently;
•Must be able endure the physical and mental challenges of global travel and working in varying political, climatic and
•A proven mastery of the materials, methods and target results that allows for creative problem solving; Ability to communicate
both in writing and orally;
•Detailed knowledge of elevator safety codes, building codes as they relate to elevator systems, and fire protection codes as
they relate to elevator systems;
•Ability to learn and apply foreign codes and standards;
•Ability to drive the inspection process in locations where routine inspection and testing practices are different, lesser or
•Demonstrated ability to work through complex issues of code compliance and the methods for obtaining results;
•Strong working knowledge of MS Office products, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
ATIS Elevator Inspections, LLC – Saint Louis, MOPOSTED: 2/14/2020
ATIS is steadily growing and continues to look for Qualified Elevator Inspectors (QEI) to be part of our team! We are always interested in talking with QEIs in any part of the US, but we currently have a need for Inspectors in the following areas:
Colorado; Wisconsin; Arkansas; Pennsylvania; Vermont; Washington D.C.; Virginia; Maryland; Florida (Miami); Nevada (Las Vegas); Missouri (St. Louis); and Texas (Dallas/North)
Whether you are an Inspector who is considering different employment opportunities or retiring from the elevator industry and still want to use your talents in the field, ATIS could be the perfect partnership! If you have your QEI License and are interested in becoming an Elevator Inspector with ATIS, contact us today!
Perks and benefits of becoming an Inspector with ATIS include:
•Flexible / accommodating work schedule
•Potential travel to fun destinations to inspect (Las Vegas, Miami and more!)
•Possible relocation to other parts of the US where there is a need for Inspectors
•Reimbursement of costs/fees associated with QEI and state inspection licensing/renewal
•Complete benefits package for full-time employees, which includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short/Long Term Disability,
Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, additional Comprehensive Benefits, Paid Time Off, and 9
Paid Holidays per year!
•Both full-time and part-time employees have the option to participate in 401k – which has included a company match for the
past five years!
If you are ready to join a work family that places safety before profit and values your talents, we want to talk with you! To learn more, please visit our website: www.atis.com/careers, email us at Careers@ATIS.com, or call Sheena at 1-855-755-ATIS. We look forward to talking with you!
ATIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Back to Top