The Qualified Elevator Inspector Training Fund – Qualified Elevator Inspector Program hereafter known as the “QEITF-QEI Program” requires ethical practice by each of its members and has adopted the following Code of Ethics (Conduct) of QEI Inspectors.
CODE OF ETHICS (CONDUCT) OF INSPECTORS AND INSPECTION SUPERVISORS
The Fundamental Principles
Inspectors and inspection supervisors uphold and advance the integrity, honor and dignity of the inspecting profession by:
I. Using their knowledge and skill for the enhancement of human welfare;
II. Being honest and impartial, and serving with fidelity the public, their employers and clients; and The QEITF-QEI Program.
III. Striving to increase the competence, prestige and integrity of the Inspecting profession.
The Fundamental Standards
1. Inspectors and inspection supervisors shall hold paramount the safety, health and welfare of the public in accordance with the QEI-1 Standards in the performance of their professional duties.
2. Inspectors and inspection supervisors shall perform services only in the areas of their competence.
3. Inspectors and inspection supervisors shall continue their professional development throughout their careers and shall provide opportunities for the professional and ethical development of those inspectors under their supervision.
4. Inspectors and inspection supervisors shall act in professional matters for each employer or client as faithful agents or trustees, and shall avoid conflicts of interest or the appearance of conflicts of interest.
5. Inspectors and inspection supervisors shall build their professional reputation on the merit of their services and shall not compete unfairly with others.
6. Inspectors and inspection supervisors shall associate only with reputable persons or organizations.
7. Inspectors and inspection supervisors shall issue public statements and reports only in an objective, impartial and truthful manner.
8. Inspectors and inspection supervisors shall consider environmental impact in the performance of their professional duties.
9. Inspectors and inspection supervisors accepting QEI Certification from the QEITF- QEI Program by this action agree to abide by this QEITF-QEI Program Policy on Ethics and procedures for its implementation and accept their duty to report any violations of this code.